11.03.2010

Yummy Tummy

"Yummy yummy yummy, time to satisfy my tummy.
If I don’t eat soon then I’m gonna feel crummy.
Mom n dad are cooking,
But I’m just looking,
At the TV, silly me,
Who would know that I’m hungry?
Maybe I should ask if they,
are gonna need some help today."

In fact you should ask every meal,
Think about how your parents feel.
They make you dinner, make you lunch,
Breakfast, snacks and sometimes brunch.
Eggs n bacon, munch munch munch,
And if you’re lucky Captain Crunch.
Other guidelines you should know,
Like how the dishes come and go.
You’re perfectly able to clear the table,
Time to assist so turn off the cable.
Manners matter majorly,
So learn these just like 1,2,3:

Chew mouth closed, elbows down,
Help whenever you’re around.
Set the table, enough places,
For your family’s hungry faces.
Plate in the middle,
with a fork on the right,
Spoon, knife on the left,
can’t wait for a bite,
Of the turkey or the beef or the veggie dish
Or the soup or the salad with the tuna fish

Remember to take off your hats.
Don’t forget the napkins or the table mats.
Wait for everyone to sit,
Then you begin,
To make disappear,
The tasty din-din.
Pass the peas please,
Keep down those knees.
Don’t reach across to grab the blue cheese.
That’s not polite,
It’s an ugly site,
Asking for help means you’re doing it right.
Say thank you when the favor’s done.
Being polite makes eating fun.

"Yummy yummy yummy, I just satisfied my tummy.
Since I helped with the meal I never had to feel crummy.
After dessert I thanked my parents again,
And even asked if I could wash the dirty dishes for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment